Are you expecting? Have you thought about prenatal massage?
The thrill of being an expectant mother often comes with a little pain and discomfort. Prenatal massage may be just what you need to help ease discomfort and let you focus on the joys of motherhood.
During and after pregnancy, a woman’s body is challenged, stressed, and transformed in many ways. Often expectant mothers experience unique physical changes such as swelling, shifting posture and adjusting hormone levels. Mothers-to-be often endure physical discomfort that may range from muscular tension and headaches to pressure on knees. The goal of prenatal massage is to alleviate these and other pregnancy related symptoms.
Massage therapy provides nourishment for the body as well as the mind.
Prenatal Massage offers a wide variety of benefits which include the following:
- Relief of muscle spasms, cramps and myofascial pain especially in the back, neck, hips and legs
- Increase of blood and lymph circulation and support of the physiological process of gestation
- Reduction of stress on weight bearing joints and musculofascial structures
- Development of the sensory awareness necessary to relax during 1st stage labor and to recruit appropriate muscles during 2nd (pushing) stage labor
- Relief of pain and muscle cramping, especially in the abdominal, lumbar and sacral areas during labor
- Finding body positions that increase comfort and enhance progress in labor
Of course, expectant mothers should check with their doctor prior to getting a Prenatal Massage. Contraindications for Prenatal Massage are diabetes, high blood pressure or if you are in your first trimester of your pregnancy.
NO ONE WORKS HARDER THAN A MOM. The delivery and hard work takes a toll on women’s bodies! We are often emotionally and physically exhausted. Moms, we need and deserve to take care of ourselves! Massage can help to calm your nervous system, reduce muscle tension and re-energize you so that you can continue to be the awesome mom that you are. Many people consider the postpartum period to be only a few months past childbirth. I consider it to be forever past childbirth.
Please call me with any questions or to schedule an appointment.
Jen Stone Massage, Louisville CO: 303-777-3828